Wednesday, 10 June 2015

Me As A Consumer of Music

I like to listen to rock/pop music from the pre 2000's and some other artists post 2000's. I enjoy listening to a variety of artists ranging from Queen, Guns and Roses and ACDC, to artists like Imagine Dragons. I like listening to more modern artists like The Colourists because it's electronic/pop style provides a greater emotional range than most traditional genres. Usually I listen to this frame of music during studying periods at school, when I listen to music in general. On occasion I will also tune to music when going to and from school, as well as long car journeys. Rock music from the pre 2000's is a genre that is recognisable and appreciative to me, because it is usually made up of collective elements to form the end product. The main point of enjoyment I find from rock music however is the abundance of passion found. This is mostly conveyed by the riffs found within most rock pieces and the powerful baselines too. Unlike other genres, I can find more enjoyment on multiple hearings by the structure of the song and can isolate certain instruments to do so e.eg the drums. I find pop to be generally catchy, fun and relatable. This is true to me because the songs are written to appeal to life scenarios and so make them more appealing to grasp. I usually listen to my music through my phone with my earphones privately, or on the radio in the afternoon.
Image result for imagine dragonsImage result for guns and roses

No comments:

Post a Comment